Sunday, May 31, 2009
They got it right this time!!! WOOHOOO!!! McDonald's, you have redeemed yourself. I deem your coffee worthy, lol. ;)
Saturday, May 30, 2009
So I'm joining this 'challenge' by Old Barn Co. and I'm going to make it!
Last year, I made these pillows for the couch. I'm pretty sure it's time for a quilt to keep them company. I'm always cold, and always need a blanket... so why shouldn't it be pretty? And just for me? ;) I have some of the fabric left... and this time I'm adding more pink. ;)
Friday, May 29, 2009
Anyway, go to Joy's Hope and see the details! You can win one of her buntings... adorable!!!
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
These are the size I spoke of yesterday... with a little wristlet so that you can use it in you purse... or carry it alone if you need to!
I will also be making a very the same size sans wristlet... for those who want a less expensive option. :) Soon, there will be a smaller version for change and other necessities, and for those of us who carry an itty purse every once in a while.
I will have 15 available at the Metro Market tomorrow, and whatever makes it back home will make it onto Etsy shortly!
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Monday, May 25, 2009
After the veterans, we have some amazing 'acts'. :) We have the typical Fire Engines
(They are loud, and that's why my kids have this look on their faces!)
And some Go Carts, which are my kids favorite, lol.
Cheerleaders that do flips...
And apparently Llamas???? We keep things exciting here in Jenison!
The kids had a blast! And got a TON of candy. :)
On a nice note, when we were walking home from the parade, I asked the kids if we had everything. Davis said, "Do we have my candy? And... my candy? And, um, my CANDY?" lol, because, obviously, during a parade the candy is very important. :) And Haley replied, "So you just went for the candy?" And he just sort of smiled. Then Haley said "I went for the candy, but I also went for the soldiers... mostly the soldiers". OH MY GOODNESS I AM DOING SOMETHING RIGHT!! :) Davis is only 8... the concept of freedom, and those who keep us safe is a little bit too big of a concept for him to appreciate. But Haley is 11 and I think she's really starting to get it. :) And that makes me really, really proud. :)
P.S. I just found out they were ALPACA, not Llamas. Hey, that's still keeping things exciting here in little ol' Jenison. ;) I was amazed that they were not skittish! The horns were going off, kids were running to get candy, and they were just fine. Amazing. We had Greyhound Dogs too. :)
Sunday, May 24, 2009
A fellow etsian showed me a process last year of how to make patchwork in a way I'd never seen. I talked about it in this post, and again in the next post. :) Amy makes beautiful jackets, and I decided to make the process my 'own' by using it for totes. After purchasing an entire roll of fusible fleece for my new style purse, I decided it might be time to do some more patchworking. :) I love that with this process I can use all of my unused scraps, and put all of my favorites together on one big tote!
For this one I based all of the colors on the Andalucia Fabric.
This one seems so sweet to me. It makes me think of a little baby girl. Perhaps it will be a diaper bag? Hopefully tomorrow I'll have full pics of finished bags. :) I pieced 4 large totes 1 small one! Now to put them all together. :)
Saturday, May 23, 2009
Crystal at Little Bit Funky has a Giveaway from Joy's Hope...
And Julie at Joy's Hope has a Giveaway from Little Bit Funky. I desperately want both. :)
Enjoy! If you win, you can thank me later. :)
1. I have yet to make the teachers their totes as their gifts. Time to get sewing. :)
2. This means that Davis is in 3rd grade as of 2 weeks from now. Wow. He is my baby... how did he get so big?
3. Haley will be in 6th grade!!! Oh. my. goodness. Lucky for me, in Jenison 6th grade is still Elementary School. I am not yet prepared for a Junior Higher. I remember junior high. It's not pretty, lol.
4. Our school secretary, and my personal hero, whom my kids ADORE is retiring. She used to camp with Ross' parents, so to Haley that is just the coolest... they've formed a special bond. I am so sad to see her go. :( What kind of gift do you gift for such a special woman?
So I think I need to get off the computer and get sewing those gifts! lol
Friday, May 22, 2009
Thursday, May 21, 2009
So in the middle of a sewing frenzy, I needed a pick me up and ran up to McDonald's to get myself some coffee. This is what I recieved...
Now, I did ask for light whip cream after the last time. I didn't want to have a mountain of whip cream... so that is why it doesn't go to the top. But if I hadn't asked for light whip cream... there would be as much whip cream as coffee. Is this their way of telling me I drink too much coffee? lol I feel like it is false advertising. If you tell me I'm going to get a 16 oz coffee... you shouldn't fill it to 12 oz and fill it with something else. Honestly, for almost $4 I felt ripped off. For $4 I can get a larger one at Biggby, and WAY bigger on Wednesdays when I get a coupon for a dollar off! :) Anyway, I parked my car and went and asked if this was some sort of fluke. The girl replied that no, that is exactly how they were told to do it. Does this seem weird to anyone else? Am I being a brat? Talk to me! lol
p.s. Disclaimer... we are the McDonald's test market, so if you don't have this in your area yet, that is why!
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Now those are pretty darn cute right? But wait.. it gets better. :)
It's reversible!!! I can't decide which side I like better. I love the odd shape. And the length is awesome. The big strap stays on your arm. I carried mine out today when I ran errands, and I have to admit it, I love it. So just admit it... you want one. ;)
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
This all made me really think. I might not cut in line at the store, but what do I do that is similar? And if someone called me on it, what would my reaction be? I truly hope that I am the person that would apologize and realize that it was wrong. My other question to myself was... how would I treat someone that was trying to do 'the right thing' but made life uncomfortable? I didn't make a scene. I never raised my voice. But the cashier wanted me GONE. Sometimes life gets uncomfortable. What kind of person will I be when it affects me?
So I'm wondering... what things like that really bother you? Like when someone cuts in line? For some reason, that one just bothers me (when it is deliberate). I'd love to hear from you, and see if I'm a culprit of that irritating thing! lol
Monday, May 18, 2009
Well, the next morning Haley was bursting at the seams to use some of her new paints! So Davis found a wooden car that I bought him at a craft show, and Haley got out a magazine holder from her box, and they painted away. I had a crafty morning too! My friend Celene graciously told me the best way to make a cute clip board, and I made some for their teachers, and a friend. (Shh...don't their teachers, they don't have them yet! lol) ;)
I haven't seen the kids so happy in a while. I think my mom gave me a present with that birthday present too. :)
Sunday, May 17, 2009
Haley was nice enough to take some pics for me. :) But then we did the one below so we could have all three of us in it. :) Ross came home for the day...but the kids didn't want to wait until noon when he got here, so we opened it first thing in the morning... therefore, no one else to take the picture. :)
Saturday, May 16, 2009
Here she is about 2 miles in... still smiling, still running. :) And yup, that's Davis' hand waving back. :)
Crossing the finish line! She did great! She got this running skirt for her birthday...but it was way too chilly, so we added some leggings. :) I love that look of determination on her face in this pic. :)
And here she is after the race, with the sign we used to cheer her on. SO proud of her! She did fantastic, and when she was done...she went to cheer the other girls on! That's the Haley I love. :)
And I just had to share this pic of Davis. When the girls were all gathered before the run, they did a warm up, all 450 or so of them. Well... "Girls just want to have fun" was on the loud speakers, and they were all dancing, and going nuts, and Davis gave me this look and said "That is just WEIRD", lol. He's such a boy. :)
And here's one of me and Haley, just about to leave. Proud Mom moment here. :)
Sunday, May 10, 2009
1. My kiddos... waiting for my Mother's Day gift they got me... they spent their OWN MONEY to get me a gift, and are both bursting at the seems to see me open it. I am blessed to have kids that would do this at ages 8 and 11.
2. My hubby. I miss him.
3. My business, and my customers. I love doing shows and meeting all of them. They make me feel so good about something I love to do!
4. My friends. You know who you are. :) I have so many friends...both in real life and on this wondeful web, that have been there for me during a difficult time. (Ross is still out of work). Thanks for putting up with me even when I'm grumpy.
5. My new windshield...yup, that's what I said, lol. I have had a crack in the windshield in my car for over a year, and the flashing was coming loose as well. As a result, when it rained outside, well, it rained in my car too! When I found out that I could get it replace for a small deductible, I did a happy dance!
6. Music. Music can change my mood in a heartbeat. Put in a good CD and all my cares go away, if only for a short time. :)
7. My cell phone. Sorry, I know, probably shouldn't be on my list, but it is, lol. It keeps me in touch with those I love, and it makes it so that I can leave the kids for a bit and run up to the store to get some milk without worrying about them. :)
8. Sunshine. It was a long, long winter here in Michigan. I am so happy to see the sunshine out my window! My mood picks up immediately!
9. My sewing machine... I haven't named her yet, but she's my third 'baby'. lol I have a fabric obsession, and she helps me use that fabric as therapy. :)
10. Photographs. I love pictures. I love taking them, looking at them, making crafts with them! I tease my mom that it is because there are no pictures of me as a child (I was the third!) but really it's because I love to look at them and remember the moment.
Saturday, May 9, 2009
Friday, May 8, 2009
Tomorrow is Haley's birthday party with my family. Expect pictures. ;)