Thursday, May 21, 2009

Does this seem okay to you?

The other day the kids and I went through McDonald's to get them a little treat. I got them each an ice cream cone, and got myself their new Caramel Frappe. It is a blended coffee drink. I was actually quite excited, as I LOVE my Caramel Big Chill at Biggby, a local coffee shop... but thought it would be nice to have another option, since McDonald's is only a block away. :) When I got it, there was literally as much whip cream as there was drink. I thought it was odd... but thought it was probably a fluke.



So in the middle of a sewing frenzy, I needed a pick me up and ran up to McDonald's to get myself some coffee. This is what I recieved...


Now, I did ask for light whip cream after the last time. I didn't want to have a mountain of whip cream... so that is why it doesn't go to the top. But if I hadn't asked for light whip cream... there would be as much whip cream as coffee. Is this their way of telling me I drink too much coffee? lol I feel like it is false advertising. If you tell me I'm going to get a 16 oz coffee... you shouldn't fill it to 12 oz and fill it with something else. Honestly, for almost $4 I felt ripped off. For $4 I can get a larger one at Biggby, and WAY bigger on Wednesdays when I get a coupon for a dollar off! :) Anyway, I parked my car and went and asked if this was some sort of fluke. The girl replied that no, that is exactly how they were told to do it. Does this seem weird to anyone else? Am I being a brat? Talk to me! lol

p.s. Disclaimer... we are the McDonald's test market, so if you don't have this in your area yet, that is why!

3 comments:

MariaSoleil said...

I think the domed top would be the perfect place to store all of that whipped cream...otherwise, why even bother with it. If it had a flat top, you probably wouldn't have felt so cheated.

Karin Schueller said...

The first time they did fill it to the top... but it still went so far down in the cup. That means that there was LITERALLY as much whipped cream as drink. I do agree that if they had given a flat top I wouldn't have freaked out so bad, lol. Ross pointed out that there is a line there on the cup that is probably a "fill line"... well they failed at the fill line too, lol.

thatissocute said...

I agree with you - come on and show me the coffee! And yes, that domed top IS made for that room for whipped topping!