Thursday, June 4, 2009

Last day of school...

Today was bittersweet. Today was the last day of school. My baby is going into third grade, and my oldest is officially the oldest class in the building at 6th grade. (Yes, I'm having to tell myself to BREATHE...).

Davis had a teacher that finally really got his humor. He is a quirky one, lol. He has been sarcastic since he was a year old. Not everyone gets that he's kidding. ;) But Mrs. Beel was amazing. She didn't let him get away with anything... and she just 'got him'. He had a great year. Great grades as always. :)

Haley had a huge growing year. She started to care about things that were nothing before. She went from being less than stellar in math to being above the expected level. She had two teachers (who share teach) that went above and beyond. Haley is ADD... she doesn't have the hyperactivity at all, but she is distracted easily on a special level. ;) To prepare her for future schooling years, and to get her through this year, her teachers were willing to try anything! And for that I will be eternally grateful. She has grown by leaps and bounds. I am going to miss both of them dearly.

But the real reason things today were bittersweet was because our favorite secretary is retiring. She has worked for our school for 15 years, and I love her dearly. So does Haley. So does Davis. At her retirement party both of my kids shed tears because they would miss her. So did I. And I'm not a crier. But this woman is amazing. And though I am so happy for her, I am so sad for us. So if your kids still have school tomorrow... or aren't done until next week... take a moment and go into the secretaries office and thank your secretary. Your school would be an entirely different place without them.

No comments: