Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Dove

Have you ever waited for a movie come out forever, watching your kids get more excited by the day, only to and have the entire movie be inappropriate for their age? Sigh.  Yeah, that sounds very frustrating. Fortunately, I know a way to avoid it altogether.


I use Dove.org.  It is a Grand Rapids MI based (my home town, WOOT!), non-profit organization that reviews movies.  They not only review the content to say whether it was a decent movie, but also if it is approriate.  Here's the nice thing... they also tell you WHY.  Not just 'violence' or 'language'. In the review, they tell you, the parent, that they said the word 'butt' two times, etc. Now, the word butt seems harmless to me... but maybe not to someone else?  Also, for those religions that do not condone sorcery, they will tell you about that too! 

I always thought this was something everyone knew about and used.  Then when I offered the site to a local mom, she said she had never heard of it!  A shame!  So I thought I'd share it with all of you... just in case. :)  Happy movie watching!

5 comments:

HMaas said...

very cool - I will have to bookmark that site for sure.
Thanks

Tasha said...

Thank you! I am so excited to know about this

Vintage Dutch Girl said...

Did NOT know about this. Thanks for sharing! I love the idea that they tell you the WHY. Much try this out!

Unknown said...

Cool, thanks for the info.
I was looking forward to taking my older boys to Where the Wild Thngs Are, but I've heard it's scary and way too dark for kids.
Crazy!

Holly said...

What a cool idea! I'll have to ask my mother-in-law if she knows about this. Thanks for the tip!