Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I really am thankful...

So, I really am thankful, I'm just too busy to tell you all about it, lol. We had a great Thanksgiving this year. My in-laws had to stay in Michigan a little later than expected due to a hip replacement surgery for Ross' Grandfather. They decided to wait to come home until Christmas and we all did our "own thing" this Thanksgiving. I have to admit it, it was really nice. I wouldn't want to do it every year... I would miss the tradition of going to Ross' Grandparents home, but it was nice to do our own thing. I made my first Turkey and it was SO GOOD. I love that Ross has had Turkey Sandwiches every day this week, lol. EASY! I also made my first Pumpkin Pie. I am fairly well known for my pie making ability...but since my mother in law always makes Pumpkin Pie, I've never needed to do one. I wish I had made four. I love Pumpkin Pie. :) Anyway, it was a beautiful, restful day for our family, and I loved every moment of it.

I set a simple table...





With special touches for Haley...who always appreciates them. She loved the placecards. :)



And my kids were happy after pie...




I consider that a success. :) I am so thankful for my family, who loves me and I love so much. I have a good hubby who understands me, and kids who are proud of me for the things I love to create. I am blessed, and I know it. :)

2 comments:

A Little Of A Lot said...

Awww, glad you had such a wonderful day. You guys deserve it.

tscrapper said...

Glad that the turkey and all turned out well! Love the placecards and table setting!