Monday, February 22, 2010

Moving...

After renting from my in-laws for twelve years we have decided to move... just needed a change of pace.  Last week I told the kids.  I have to admit, I was nervous.  I knew that Haley would be sad, as she is emotionally attached to items, including the house. 

At first, they both cried... Haley because she will miss the house, and Davis because he doesn't like other people to be upset. ;)

I explained all of the up sides to moving... all of the details.  They started to warm up to the idea.  I showed them the pictures online... Haley saw a bedroom with a dormer nook (it is cape cod style duplex) and she called that room as hers.  Which meant Davis would be getting a room almost twice the size his is right now. I think I had him hooked right then. ;)

After we talked for a bit, I decided that we should drive over and let them explore the back yard, even though we couldn't get inside. Boy am I smart. ;)  This was just what they needed to see.

Just the front, nothing too exciting, lol.

Here we have Haley trying to fake smile when really she wants to scream that she doesn't want to be here. :(
Then we went into the back yard and they saw the above play structure. Things were looking up, lol.  First they thought they could only use half, just like the house. :)  When I explained that the people next door are all adults, they got pretty excited because it meant the backyard was pretty much theirs. (The neighborhood has lots of kids, just not the other side of the duplex).

Then we went over to the side of the house...

And this was when I knew I had Davis on my side, lol.  And that Haley would come to love it here, even if the thought of change makes her cringe.  Its a hill they can slide down... right next to the house.  Close enough that I can watch them from the living room.  It's at the end of a cul-de-sac, so it's super safe.

It's been almost a week since I told them. Davis is excited... Haley is excited yet guarded.  I can't blame her.  I think they will both love it when we move though. :)

3 comments:

Tia Colleen said...

oh how very exciting!!!

so when do you move?

I can't wait to see the inside!

ashley folkema said...

Congrats for you!

pamelama said...

Congrats!! I am very happy for you. The kids are going to be fine and so are YOU! :)